A memorandum of understanding (MoU) has been signed between the Sino-Pak Center for Artificial Intelligence (SPCAI), COMSTECH, Organization of Islamic Cooperation Standing Committee on Scientific and Technological Cooperation, and International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS), University of Karachi, Pakistan. The ceremony was held on March 10, 2022, at PAF-IAST, Haripur, which was personally attended by Prof. Dr. M. Iqbal Chaudhary, Coordinator General, COMSTECH and Director, ICCBS, Karachi. Prof. Dr. M. Mujahid Rector, PAF-IAST, has delivered a detailed presentation about PAF-IAST and updated with the progress.
Both sides agree to adhere to the assigned roles and responsibilities as stipulated below:
1. Collaborate in organizing national and international events such as workshops, conferences, symposiums, seminars, exhibitions, etc.
2. Will support reaching industries (Healthcare, Agriculture, Energy Sectors, Telecom, and IT) for such activities/events.
3. Membership of SPCAI to the COMSTECH Consortium of Excellence
4. SPCAI participation in the COMSTECH guest lectures and expert talks regarding emerging technologies.
5. Participation of SPCAI, PAF-IAST in COMSTECH Fellowship Programme
6. Participation of SPCAI, PAF-IAST in COMSTECH Distinguished Scholars Programme
7. Registration of SPCAI, PAF-IAST to COMSTECH Technology and Innovation Portal
8. Joint Capacity Building Programmes
9. PAF-IAST technology park promotion by COMSTECH among the member countries
10. Promote the efforts being made by the parties under this MOU at various forums both at the government level and in private events.
SPCAI, PAF-IAST, and ICCBS
1. Collaborate in joint research and training proposals focusing on AI.
2. Offer co-supervision to the M. Phil and Ph.D. students.
3. Provide access to research facilities to supervise students jointly.
4. Encourage the exchange of jointly supervised students.
5. Promote the efforts being made by the parties under this MoU at various forums both at the government level and in private events.